GPS walks in La Serranía, Cuenca, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, Europe
senderos de Pequeña Recorrido
Little walks in the surroundings of Cuenca.
- Ruta del Covacho y El Callejón
- A short climb on the eastern slope of the Sierra de Bascuñana. Nice views at the Júcar valley. At the ruin El Covacho, the route descends over an old path. At the Mirador de Sotos nice views on the village and the mountains of La Sierra de la Madera at the background. If you like, you can descend into El Callejón, a cleft with beautiful rock formations. Alongside the brook valley Baranco de la Boca del Callejón, the route returns to Sotos.
- Ruta del Cerro Calera y Los Vallejos
- Ruta de Las Fuentecillas y Los Callejones
- With the Camino de Valdeasnos the route crosses El Collado and the Dehesa Boyal, passes a golf terrain and the pasture El Prado de la Fuente del Rey. Next it passes the fountains Fuente de La Puentecilla and Las Fuentecillas. The route follows the eastern path through the valley of the Barranco del Molinillo, along the bottom of impressive steep rock walls with freakish pinnacles like wild heads.
After crossing the Arroyo Riofrío (or Royofrío) the route joins the GR-66. A climb to the Picón de Royofrío, first through the woods, next alongside the bed of the Arroyo (brook).
Arrived at the top the route returns in direction of Las Majadas, now along the top of the rock walls. First following the Camino de Fuente la Zarza, next following a path alongside the edges. At the mirador (viewpoint) del Picón del Tío Cogote magnificent views over the Barranco, the valley of the Río Júcar and the bridge over the Barranco of the Canal de la Toba.
Further on the route passes Los Callejones, a marvellous natural phenomenon: a pattern of streets with plazas, alleys, gates and arches, apparently carved out the rocks.
At the Puntal del Alto de la Peña there is view again at Las Majadas, which will be reached soon.
- Sendero de la Hoz del Huécar
- Sendero del Escalerón a la Raya
||67 km 250 m
More information about collection or environment
This collection of routes is described in Registro Oficial De Senderos: Provincia De Cuenca 2008, released by Diputacíon Provicial de Cuenca in 2008.
Collection created at 2009-08-04 23:05:44, by Rens Kokke
Collection last updated at 2010-08-15 12:12:20, by Rens Kokke (description)